As I mentioned in my prior posting, I started an online class two days ago. Similar to college, I started the class with an assignment that was due for that class that had been posted one hour prior to the class.....HUH? As an adult, I have other things going on in my life and surprises like this are not always easy to manage.
So here is what I think of on-line education so far:
1. Students need a primer before the class starts on the teachers expectations.
2. How are we supposed to know what criteria to choose for posting and what our role is in the on-line application we are using (student was not one of the options)?
3. It is always comforting to know that you are not the most technically challenged in the class.
4. Nurses are technology challenged in general and like to complain about it to anyone who will listen!
5. I had the role of Help Desk geek during class the other night as I was one of two participants who had logged in ahead of time and palyed around with the application.
6. Attending class through a chat room is weird and un-natural.....but the reality of our life today.
7. I need a new computer.....my computer could not handle a podcast, powerpoint presentation and a chat room all at the same time.....Santa, are you listening?!
Now I have homework to do that is due in three hours.....not going to happen.
Autumn Rolling In
4 hours ago