A boss in the school setting who is very knowledgeable and has unlimited resources and a local physician group and one doc in particular with infectious disease background. So far, all resources around me are saying not to worry.....so I am trying not to worry. Frankly, I worry less for me than I do for Jr. Birdman. But he is in good hands during the day (and a night too).
So for those who worry, remember the basics from grade school:
1. Stay home if you are sick! And avoid contact with others who are sick.
2. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you are coughing or sneezing. Throw the tissue away when you are done using it.
3. Wash your hands often. Washing your hands and those of your children helps protect everyone from germs.
4. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
5. Pracitce other good health habits. Simple stuff that we are not always good at - getting plenty of sleep, be physically acitve, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat nutritious food.
These are all basic things we should practice every day but are not always good at......now is the time to get better!
At least these germs are cute......and I do not think they will make any of us sick.