Monday, July 26, 2010

4 Weeks Down and 2 to Go.....

I hope....this has been a long summer for me. It is in my nature to go until I collapse from exhaustion. Having knee surgery has slowed me down and limited me far more than I thought it would. Recovery is going well and I am now crutch free....I am starting mile walks this week and taking the dog (poor Hope won't know what hit her). Hopefully, by the time we go on vacation, I will be ready for longer distances and even some running. I never thought I would miss running but I do....

I think (I know) that when I run I feel entitled to eat more ice cream....haven't had any since my visit with Ellen. Boy do I miss ice cream and Ellen, of course.

On a side note, it is comforting to know that even my sadistic physical therapist is human. He torn his medial meniscus last week getting off a treadmill and will be rehabing along side me within the next week. Guess I can show him a thing or two.....

Happy Monday.

4 comments:

  1. Ugh. I hope you are running very soon! Ice cream awaits....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karma is so very sweet at times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow. I hope you are back to your old self soon. That has to be super stressful

    ReplyDelete