Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Ups and Downs

Baseball season for the AA Reds is in full swing and the emotions of boys are right there too. Two games in the last three days...... Jr. Fly Boy made a BIG mental error running the basepads during the first game. Top of the sixth, down by one run, batter hit a slow roller back to the pitcher, Jr. Fly Boy on second started to run to third and stopped! Don't know why but he just stopped! Drew the play to third and was tagged OUT! Tears ensued and the pounding of fists on the batting helmet still on his head - not pretty. The other team won!

Two days later....same senario except it was the bottom of the sixth inning, game was tied.....this time he remembered to keep running and he scored the game winning run! High fives all around and lots of hooting and hollering (his teammates cheered too). Amazing how quickly things can turn around but I don't think my nails and cuticles will survive the season.

5 comments:

  1. Ah, the memories. I usually took a little thermos of cabernet with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fine idea.....I hope I don't confuse it with the pink lemonade for Jr. Bird Man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, he's not a bit like his father - beating himself up over a mistake!

    Congrats to him on correcting his error - go JBM!!! And go Reds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just the beginning...just wait until it's a crucial game and the ump makes the wrong call. You will want to KILL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes I am SO glad Kaish does not love sports : ). That would make me nervous too!

    ReplyDelete